The Kirby series is a series of Kirby games created by Masahiro Sakurai and developed by HAL Laboratories. It is one of Nintendo's most popular and best-selling franchises, selling over 50 million units since its debut. The series is known for its bright and artistic setting, cute characters, cheerful upbeat music, and the ability to inhale an enemy.
All the titles in the Kirby series feature a pink spherical creature named Kirby as the main playable character and protagonist. The most recurring antagonist of the series is King Dedede, owner of King Dedede's Castle and the self-proclaimed, mean ruler of Dream Land. King Dedede has appeared in every Kirby game except Kirby & the Amazing Mirror. Meta Knight is another major recurring character. He is a chivalrous, but enigmatic warrior who assists Kirby. Depending on the situation, he sometimes fights Kirby to get the things he desires. He respects a certain code of honor, and always offers Kirby a sword when fighting with him. Kirby lives in his dome-shaped home in Dream Land, a country on his home planet Pop Star. His adventures take him throughout Dream Land and occasionally into local star systems for various reasons, and he has saved his home land several times.
In addition to about twenty-some games under the Kirby name and appearances in all four Smash Bros. games, Kirby also has an anime show called 星のカービィ (Hoshi no Kābī, "Kirby of the Stars") or Kirby's Dream Land in Japan, and dubbed under the name Kirby: Right Back at Ya! in the US.
 Kirby and Nico Nico Douga
The Kirby series has become the source of several memes on Nico Nico Douga, most notably regarding MADs of music tracks (see below). Another meme, Kirby Explains X, is a YTMND fad featuring a clip with Kirby from the anime Kirby: Right Back at Ya!! explaining various things, only to get humourous lines that were used from other media.
 Kirby in Nico Nico Medleys
The first medley to feature a song from the Kirby series was Monogatari (released 9 September 2007), which used Green Greens. Other very often used tracks are Sky High, Sand Canyon, and Gourmet Race. There are also several medleys that exclusively use Kirby songs, such as The Medley of Kirby SSDX, as well as one or two medleys that see Kirby songs paired alongside Touhou Project music, such as Kirby's Dream Land Vs. Touhou Project.
List of some Kirby songs that have appeared on Nico Nico medleys:
- Gourmet Race
- The first theme of the Gourmet Race sub-game in Kirby Super Star
- One of the most well-known Kirby songs
- Used in dozens of remixes and MADs, from Snoop Dogg to Falcon Punching and everything in between
- Also the musical base for the THIS VIDEO CONTAINS X meme on YouTube
- Another arrangement of this theme used is Kirby's Gourmet Race, a vocal arrangement first used in Ryuuseigun
- Sky High
- Used in the Candy Mountain stage in the Dyna Blade sub-game in Kirby Super Star, as well as Skyhigh Planet from Milky Way Wishes
- Also used in a number of MADs on Nico Nico Douga and YouTube
- Green Greens
- The first stage theme from Kirby's Dream Land
- Has a number of vocal arrangements
- Sand Canyon
- The first theme of the Sand Canyon level in Kirby's Dream Land 3
- Another track that is often used for MADs and remixes
- Pop Star
- The first level theme of Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards
- Checker Knights
- Main theme for the Checker Knights course in Kirby Air Ride
- Taken from the anime Kirby: Right Back at Ya!!; originally titled Strong Star Warrior or Tsuyoi zo Hoshi no Senshi
- Vs. Marx
- Theme of Marx (final boss) in the Milky Way Wishes sub-game in Kirby Super Star
 More info about the Kirby series
Check out Kirby Wiki: http://kirby.wikia.com/wiki/